Upcycle Barn Stars!

Around Christmas, I found this project while surfing Pinterest on how to make barn stars out of cardboard. I love how these turned out. They are really simple to make and it's a great way to recycle which I love also. I believe this is the link on my board. You may also like to try using scrapbook paper to mix it up a bit. I made a Sponge Bob star out of scrapbooking paper for my grandson for my daughter's Christmas tree and he loved it!

On my stars, I used a foam brush to paint three coats of white acrylic paint on the star and once it dried I dry brushed some burnt umber (dark brown) across the star points to give them a 'metal' look. These are super easy and look fabulous on any prim themed tree. I use mine in my home decor for day to day use.

To get the worn look like mine, I brushed the top of the creases with some burnt umber acrylic paint lightly using a foam brush.