Newborn Dress, Ruffle Pants, Hat, Headband & Shoes

This last June my brother's first grandchild was born and I wanted to make something special for the newest little one. I decided on this sweet little Baby Ivy's Criss Cross Ruffle Sun Dress and a matching pair of Baby Emma's Ruffle Butt Bloomers both by Create Kids Couture. The baby shoes pattern is by Winter Peach on Etsy and the hat is a use of both a free pattern found here and another sun hat pattern by Whimsy Couture. I used the freebie for the newborn sizing...wanted it smaller in circumference. 

The headband is just a long piece of fabric folded over and baste stitched, gathered and pulled into a flower shape. I sewed a pearl button through all layers and added a bit of hot glue to secure the button and the flower to the 1/2" elastic fabric headband. I can go into more detail if anyone is interested in knowing more.

I added washing instructions on a tag to the dress and enclosed each garment in clear bags; sealed and shipped. My niece was thrilled and was sure it was "store bought"! Oh, and the fabric was purchased on clearance at my local Joann Fabrics.