Gather... somewhere else sign

My daughter made a sign request for her fall door decor last week and this is what I came up with using some matte vinyl and cutting it out on my Cricut. The matte  makes the sign look like painted on words and was quicker for me to throw it together. Making the bow seemed to take longer. ;)




I used some white latex house paint to basecoat an 18 inch round cut from 1/4" sanded plywood. Once your paint is thoroughly dried, add the wording as shown above. Before adding a bow, I made sure the vinyl was secured in place with some Liquitex Basic Acylic Matte varnish purchased from Hobby Lobby. It will also protect the sign from the weather.




With ribbon colors decided, the bow was made using a bow maker. There are many great videos on Youtube to learn how to make bows. I just need a bit more practice in making mine. I ended up making the loops 4 inches instead of my usual 3 inch size and I still think they looked too big, but my daughter was happy with it so I left it at 4 inches.

Attach the bow with 1/2 inch staples and a little bit of cardboard squares between the staple and board to add some thickness as the wood was 1/4 inch thick and then I just bent the metal that poked through on the back so as not to catch on skin. Then I added some rope to use as a hanger for $1.25 at the Dollar Tree that was also secured with staples on the back.Easy peasy!

Happy Sign Making!