BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe

This is another family favorite and I make pizza at least once a week. Making your own crust and pizza is so much healthier than eating it out...it's more economical also. The dough recipe, found on Allrecipes.com, is one I've used for over ten years and it's the best that I have found for a quick crust. I have recipes for deep dish and bread machine, but they take much longer to prepare...just depends on your needs at the time. I'll post the others as some may be interested in them as well.
Just don't be intimidated to work with yeast...it really is forgiving in this recipe. I use a thermometer to get my water to 110 degrees, but if you don't have one just get the water very warm. Please leave me any questions or comments and I will do my best to help where needed.





BBQ Chicken & Roasted Garlic Pizza

3 Grilled and Shredded Chicken Tenders
BBQ sauce
Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce (Aldis) or Ragu Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cheese Pasta Sauce (Walmart) * Or make your own 
Grated Parmesan (in cold cheese section of Aldis)
Garlic Powder
Oregano Flakes
Sea Salt
Shredded Parmesan and Colby Jack Cheese
Dough Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pizza-dough-i/detail.aspx   
The dough makes one 16” or two 12” pizzas. This recipe can be halved very easily. It sometimes seems to mix up a bit dry following the recipe so I add some melted coconut oil (olive oil can be used also) or water till I get a nice soft dough. Once mixed, I let it rest (lightly oiled so it doesn’t dry out & covered with the bowl I mixed in) for 5-10 minutes and roll out onto a well greased pan(s).
Crust will be on the thin side so if you want thicker crust, let the dough rise for about 30 minutes in warm place then bake. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bake till dough moves freely from pan and take out of oven...then add the toppings and bake to brown cheese and brown the pizza bottom more for a little crunch (if I'm not happy with the browning in the first bake) by sliding the firm dough (off the pan) directly on the bottom rack of your oven, but watch carefully as at 450 degrees it can burn very quickly.

Once pizza crust has been baked the first time, then add a generous amount of garlic sauce then BBQ sauce, sprinkle on parmesan cheese, add grilled shredded chicken, sprinkle garlic powder, oregano and sea salt to taste (I just give it all a good shake). Bake till cheese is melted and nicely browned approx. 7-10 minutes depending on oven.

RVers:
 To prepare for two, I half the dough ingredients for one 12" pizza. It fits perfectly in my RV oven! To get my cheese to brown, I lay the entire pan on the bottom of the oven with the gas flamed over the pan to brown. Watch carefully as it will get brown quickly!

*White Sauce~
1 cup milk or almond milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
Grated parmesan cheese

In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined. Pour in milk, stirring constantly as it thickens. Add more milk depending on desired consistency. I even roast some fresh garlic and add some grated parmesan cheese to the sauce. For one 12" pizza, I half this recipe.

**This recipe is great for a Philly Beef pizza too**
Just replace the chicken for Steak-ums (Walmart carries or use a generic) grilled with green peppers, fresh sauteed garlic and red onions. This cooks up wonderfully on my Foreman grill! Be sure to add enough garlic salt to taste as the beef has no seasoning. Aldis has a great garlic sea salt grinder by Stonemill Essentials. Delicious!